Saturday, April 07, 2007

You gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to...


Okay, so I'm listening to NPR on Saturday morning and pre-car talk they have this piece on about what's hot in Kenyan music (of course!). Apparently "hip" Kenyan 20 somethings who run the radio stations across the country, which all the Kenyan kiddos are glued to, LOVE KENNY ROGERS. In fact, they're into anything that came out of Nashville in the late 70's/early 80's... yes, that means Crystal Gail folks. They love her. Apparently a whole Kenyan country music movement is burgeoning all because of this radio play.

Oddly perfect.

3 comments:

Jake said...

That's no crazier than Thailand's fascination with the Scorpions.

MeganP said...

I beg to differ sir. At least the Scorpions are in the pop genre.

bishop is a battle axe said...

fuck that.

Ruby is way better than the Gambler...

"If I could move I'd grab my gun and put her in the ground..."

that's art.

happiness abounds.