Friday, June 30, 2006

An American Werewolf in Munich, Part 1

Prologue

Chicago. The Windy City. The land of inconsiderate "friends," who hold tux fittings during the Italy vs. Ukraine quarterfinal and marry each other during France vs. Brazil. And expect me to be in the wedding. And not an available DVR in sight.

Well, my (true) friends, this is your newly minted foreign correspondant Bishop MacNamara, reporting to you from Day 3 of my own personal Road to Germany. So far: a whirlwind. Let me give you some telling statistics.
  • 1 last minute ticket (re)purchase to Chicago,
  • 1 almost missed flight in Pheonix,
  • 2 different beds in the Chicago-land area,
  • 3 days with 1 shower and 1 change of t-shirt,
  • 7 hours spent in the company of my traveling companion Kat to date, including
  • 1 architectural boat tour on the Chicago River,
  • 1 awesome quarterfinal seen, 2 to be missed, another yet to be seen,
and it's only going to get whirlwindier, I promise you that. Watch this space for the uproarious exploits of yours truly,

Your humble correspondant (almost) on the scene,
Bishop MacNamara

1 comment:

Jake said...

End of Show! Curse you Comcast! May you burn in hell!