Saturday, June 03, 2006

Chewbacca Must Be Rolling Over in His Grave

Also watched Star Wars Episode III tonight. I know what you're thinking, that I'm a loser for watching all this TV on a Saturday night. Well, I was working, so back off. Anyway, as I was saying,I had seen it once in the theaters and thought it was pretty cool; certainly the best of the new movies.

But, on second viewing, it totally blows. The CGI is still cool, but the movie is so flat. The acting is terrible (the kid who plays Darth Vader runs neck-and-neck with the kid who plays Harry Potter for the Best Job Ruining an Awesome Role award). Which is hardly surprising, given what an afterthought the human actors are. The dialogue is ridiculous. It sounds like sci-fi Mad-Libs. The supposed love scenes between pre-Darth and Natalie Portman are vomit-inducing. And the editing is such that there's no tension or drama whatsoever. It's like Lucas was rushing from one cool special effect to the next. Plus, Portman never gets naked. What up with that?

In the words of Yoda, "Lick balls, this does. Wasted two hours of my life, I have."

1 comment:

bishop macnamara said...

and i have no friends...