Sunday, June 18, 2006

Japan 0, Croatia 0

I didn't watch this game, so I will leave it up to Josh or Nick to write a more detailed recap if they so choose. But, based on the highlights I saw, here's all you need to know about this match: Japanese keeper Yoshikatsu Kawaguchi made a game-saving stop of penalty kick from Darijo Srna in the 22nd minute. Both of these teams are technically still alive, although Japan would have to beat Brazil to have any shot of moving on. Assuming that doesn't happen (and it won't), Croatia can advance by beating the Aussies.

Goal scorers:

Oh, no they didn't!

UPDATE: I finally watched this game today and I have to give props to Croatia. At the end of the game they were playing with four strikers, going all out for the win. Nice to see, given how lamely some of these teams have gone out (e.g. Togo).

No comments: