Saturday, June 17, 2006

Mine Eyes Have Seen the Glory!

So, I was on the Eurosport website, checking out the other colors of Tunits. I was learning towards these two, most likely the white ...


...when I saw the special World Cup Tunits. Nearly every country has their own. There's Australia (yes, that's the Sydney Opera House on the side of the boot) ...

...Italy...

...the Netherlands, which would be totally sweet if they didn't say "Totaal Voetbal" on the back...


...Korea, which are hilarious...

...Sweden, which are ugly as hell, but have a kickass viking helmet on them...

...and I was thinking that I might get the Dutch ones, but then I saw it, the USA Tunit boot, with Uncle Sam in all his glory on the side and a bald eagle and the first few sentences of the Declaration of Independence printed inside the shoe...


...I mean, c'mon, is there anyway I cannot by this boot? I don't even think it's a choice. I feel it is my duty as a patriotic American to possess it. Uncle Sam on my shoes? It's so wonderous I can barely believe it's true. God bless America!

3 comments:

MeganP said...

If you don't buy 'em, the terrorists might win. Something to consider.

bishop macnamara said...

where's the lady in a stars and stripes bikini? on the toe? FREEDOM!

Jake said...

I like the way both of you think. Maybe I'll buy them and glue on some photos of the chick in the stars and stripes bikini.